One of my favorite people sent me this awesome idea…Kim! She is the most creative person I have met when it comes to cooking. Kim makes delicious dishes and many of them sweet. She sent me one of her dessert recipes to try out for myself. These popsicle are the perfect summer time treat!
2 Cups of Strawberries
1/2 Cup Nilla Wafers
2 Cups of Vanilla Yogurt
1/3 Cup of Honey
12 5 – ounce Dixie Cups
12 Wooden Popsicle Sticks
1. Crush Nilla wafers to crumbs.
2. Combine crushed wafers with honey and yogurt; divide mixture in half.
3. Place half of the wafer mixture among cups. Let freeze for about 30 minutes.
4. While wafer and yogurt mixture are freezing, puree strawberries in a food processor or blender. (Optional: Add a tiny bit of your favorite fruit juice).
5. Take the cups out of freezer and divide strawberry mixture among the cups; let freeze for 30 minutes.
6. Finally add the remaining half of the wafer mixture and divide among cups; let popsicles freeze over night.
Once frozen peel cup off. Enjoy!
Makes approximately 12 popsicles
Day five of no meat week and it’s Friday! I am headed to watch Green Lantern today… love Ryan Reynolds. Before the movies I headed to the gym for the first time since starting yoga in early May. The gym is in the other complex near my house and let me tell you, the workout kicked my butt! I did some light jogging and speed walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes then I completed the total body workout segment from the Boot Camp 10 Minute Solutions DVD.
Today’s lunch was a simple soup and sammie. I had Amy’s Light in Sodium Minestrone Soup with a mozzarella and parmesan cheese melt on french bread. So tasty!
See ya, I am off to the movies!