I’ve been on a oatmeal kick. Not really in the mood for “muffin tops.” I just want oats! I’ve been experimenting with overnight oats but I always never liked it.
But now I found the perfect balance and I am hooked. This batch of overnight oats was about 300 calories, 8g sugar, 14g protein and 5g fiber. It will vary depending on the ingredients you use, but this was for my particular ingredients.
Don’t be surprised if you see variations of overnight oats this week and next. I know I am going to have a blast with experimentation. If you don’t like overnight oats cold, you can always heat the overnight oats for a minute or two and eat it warm. Still delicious.Vanilla Almond Crunch Overnight Oats Ingredients (Makes TWO)
- 2/3 Cup of GF Rolled Oats (Like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 Cup of Greek Yogurt (I used Vanilla Chobani)
- 2/3 Cup of Non-Dairy Milk (I used unsweetened soy milk)
- 1 tsp of Pure Maple Syrup (or agave, or honey!)
- 1 Packet of Stevia (or 1 tsp of your choice sugar)
- 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tbsp of Almond Butter (I used Justin’s Maple)
- Toppings:Any gluten-free vanilla, almond and/or cranberry granola & some almond butter!
Mix all ingredients (except for toppings) very well in a large bowl. Then divide overnight oats mixture amongst two small bowls and cover with plastic wrap or place into a container in the fridge overnight.