I have been in the mood for cashews and coconut again. I love the cashew coconut crèee but wanted it in overnight oats form. I love my vanilla almond crunch one and I wanted to create a different recipe. Overnight oats just go nice in my tummy. I feel satisfied and ready to take on the work morning.
This recipe calls for toasted coconut flakes. It’s real easy to do! To toast the coconut, simply place it into a pre-heated over at 325 degrees for about five minutes. Watch carefully not to burn the coconut flakes.
If you are lazy you can place it on a small pan on the stove on a medium flame and spray cooking spray and stir til toasted. It takes about two to three minutes. Enjoy!Honey [Coco]Nut Cashew Overnight Oats Ingredients (Makes TWO)
- 2/3 Cup of GF Rolled Oats (Like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 Cup of Honey’d Greek Yogurt (I used Honey Chobani)
- 2/3 Cup of Non-Dairy Milk (I used unsweetened soy milk)
- 1 tsp of Honey (you can use agave or maple syrup, but I like the honey taste in this)
- 1 Tbsp of Toasted Coconut Flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/2 Tbsp of Raw Cashew Butter (however, pictured is roasted cashew butter)
- Toppings:Toasted Coconut Flakes, Cashew Pieces, Banana Slices & Cashew Butter
Mix all ingredients (except for toppings) very well in a large bowl. Then divide overnight oats mixture amongst two small bowls and cover with plastic wrap or place into a container in the fridge overnight.
Unwrap overnight oats in the morning and top with coconut flakes, a couple of raw cashew pieces, 1/2 of a sliced banana and a scoop of cashew butter. Grab a spoon and eat!Question: What’s your favorite breakfast (or not) food combo? Some of my favorites for breakfast are almond butter-maple, cinnamon-apple, honey-coconut, raw cashew-coconut and raspberry-coconut!