When I get upset, I tend to cook more. These cookies came from anger. Yet, how can anger taste so delicious? Go figure. This will probably be my last chocolate recipe for a while due to my hiatal hernia.
I couldn’t help but try out these bites of heaven. They are so good and good for you too! These cookies can be made vegan by using vegan chocolate chips, Earth Balance and chocolate protein powder. Enjoy!Triple Chocolate Mini Protein Cookies Ingredients (Inspired by this recipe)
- 1 1/2 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1 Scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsps of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (or try out 2 Tbsps of chocolate protein powder instead)
- 1/2 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsps of Pure Cane Sugar (you can try Stevia, but I have not)
- 2 Tbsps of Light Brown Sugar
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 2 oz. of Brummel & Brown Butter, (melted, or your choice)
- 2 Tbsps of Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Plain Soymilk (or your choice)
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- “Chocolate Protein Glaze” 1/2 Scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder, 1 tsp of Pure Maple Syrup, and 2 Tbsps Unsweetened Plain Soymilk (plus more if not “thin” enough for a glaze)
Combine first eight dry ingredients into a large bowl, set aside. Then combine remaining wet ingredients into a small bowl and pour it over the dry ones. Mix the cookie dough mixture until all ingredients are well incorporated. If dough is too liquid-y, add more flour (and vice-versa). Cover the cookie dough and place in the fridge for about two hours (or overnight like I did).
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Remove cookie dough from fridge and using a tablespoon (or cookie dropper), scoop some cookie dough and roll it into your hands. Place onto a cookie sheet (using cooking spray if needed). You can either leave it as a ball or flatten it out. Repeat until all cookie dough mixture is used up. Makes about 12-15 mini cookies.
Place cookies into oven for about 10-12 minutes (depending on your oven). Cookies should turn a darker brown at the bottom when done. Let cookies cool for about five minutes and then drizzle the “chocolate protein glaze” over all cookies. Pour yourself a glass of milk and enjoy triple chocolate-y goodness!Question: Are you a cookie dunker? I never liked dunking my cookies into milk for some reason. I always ate the cookies first then drank the milk. Sorry oreos!