A lot of things are on my mind today. In fact, there is something I have been meaning to talk to you guys about. Those who are long time readers from the beginning (May 2011) know that Allan was my boyfriend. Yes, was. We were together for almost four years and were actually engaged.
Many people don’t know this, but I’m finally open with it because I finally let go. It wasn’t easy by no means and we haven’t been together for about 8 months. Sometimes you think life is going to take you one place and it does a complete 180 on you.
I am actually going to be moving back home with my parents because although I have made many great friendships, I still feel alone and lost here in Massachusetts My purpose for being here (aka getting married and starting a life with someone) doesn’t exist anymore.
Now it’s time for me to start my own path and focus on me. I feel great and it feels good to be open to you guys about all this. We were just on different paths of life and I just had to let go. But it got me thinking about life and what I have accomplished.
I am turning 25 in less than six months, which is crazy. I’ll be a quarter century and my dad is actually turning half a century. There are so many little things I want to do before I turn 25, so here is my list:
- Go to my THIRD Broadway play.
- See a comedy show with friends.
- Visit Boston and eat all day.
- Attend the personal training certification and pass!
- Visit a Vineyard and find a wine I like.
- Kiss a random stranger (and other crazy things, shh!)
- Take my parents out to dinner and thank them for all they’ve done for me.
- Take a trip somewhere, anywhere, ALONE.
- Finish reading at least FIVE books, not school related.
- Go hiking.
- Sign up for a 5k.
- Take my dad to a baseball gone, not in NEW YORK.
- Get a pair of sexy heels
- Buy a good pair of jeans.
- Treat myself to a nice hotel.
- Start my coaching program.
- Complete a full week being solely vegan.
- Have “x” amount of money in the bank.
- Get rid of half my wardrobe and donate it.
- Write a letter to my 40 year old self and open it then (love this idea)
- Learn how to let go and go with the flow.
- Be fearless, and get over my anxiety.
- Give new things a chance.
Now, I won’t divulge the last few, as they are a bit personal to me, but hey I shared quiet a lot! I cannot wait to begin this checklist. I have a feeling the next couple of months is going to be a blast.
Question: Anything you want to accomplish before you turn 18? 21? 25? 30? etc.?