Wow. That is literally all I have to say for this recipe. I cannot believe I didn’t think of making this sooner. And, I am lazy and made it in the microwave. I should change my blog to Nutritiously Microwaveably Sweet.
Okay, never mind that’s too much of tongue twister. Any who, this recipe makes eight-nine cinnamon “pillows.” For under 90 calories a pillow? I’ll take that any day.
The glaze here is great because it has the “cream cheese” like taste but there is no dairy in this recipe what so ever. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and most of all microwaveable. Yeah, I’m lazy but I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Enjoy!Cinnamon “Pillows” Ingredients (Inspired by this recipe):
- 2/3 Cup of White Rice Flour (or your choice, but I have not tried), plus 2 Tbsps extra for dusting
- 1/4 Cup of Rolled Oats (or 2 extra Tbsps of flour)
- 2 Tbsps of Canned Coconut Milk (tried to get the thick part for this)
- 2 tsps of Earth Balance (melted)
- 1/3 Cup of Non-Dairy Milk (your choice, I used soy, unsweetened)
- 2 tsps of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Packet of Stevia
- 1 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- Dash of Salt
- Filling: 1 Tbsp of Butter (softened), 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon and 2 tsps of Light Brown Sugar
- Glaze: 2 Tbsps of Canned Coconut Milk (again, thick part), 1 tsp of Earth Balance (softened), 1-2 tsps of Light Brown Sugar and a 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon.
Mix all the cinnamon “pillows” ingredients in a bowl until all ingredients are well blended. Place mixture into the fridge wrapped for about 20 minutes to firm up.
Prepare filling mixture by mixing the butter, cinnamon and brown sugar into a small bowl. Set aside. Then mix all the glaze ingredients together and set aside as well. Set that aside as well.Then once the 20 minutes are done, get the “pillows” mixture out of the fridge. Place a little flour on a clean surface and begin the roll out the dough into a square/ rectangle shape.
If it gets sticky at any time, just dust a but more flour. Spread the filling mixture on the dough.Then roll it up into a mini log.Once rolled up, Place log into fridge for about 20 minutes. Then, cut the log into eight-nine even slices.Then place onto a plate (or two like I did) sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.Place into the microwave for about two-three minutes (or depending on your microwave) until well cooked. Remove from microwave and spread glaze over cinnamon “pillows.” Sprinkle some extra brown sugar and cinnamon and enjoy with your favorite cup of coffee!
Question: Do you like cinnamon buns? I use to be addicted to them but now I can’t have them anymore. But now I can. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this before.