I was craving waffles yesterday morning. I decided to wanted the maple oat banana pancakes. But then I had a problem. No eggs. However, I did have the banana and some soymilk and the oats.
What now? I decided to search online for some vegan oat pancakes and I found a recipe that I could do. But you know me, I love the tweak and I was craving something a little buttery. Mmm, butter breakfast goodness.
Enjoy!Vegan Waffles Ingredients (Inspired by this recipe):
- 1/2 Cup of Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 2 Tbsps of Vanilla Unsweetened Soymilk (Or your choice)
- 1/2 of a Small Banana, Sliced
- 1/2 tsp of Stevia
- 1 tsp of Earth Balance, Melted (or use unsweetened applesauce for less fat)
- 1/2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Toppings: Banana slices, strawberries, maple syrup, agave, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, Earth Balance, you name it!
Preheat your waffle iron. Combine all ingredients in blender, except for your toppings and blend until batter reaches a smooth consistency.
If it’s too thick, and a little more water or soymilk (or vice-versa). Pour batter into waffle iron and cook, according to waffle iron directions. (You can also try to make these into pancakes instead!)
Top with the other half of the banana, some Earth Balance and maple syrup drizzle or whatever your heart desires! Makes one serving.
Question: Waffle or pancakes? I’m usually a pancake person, but I think this recipe is totally going to convert me into a waffle person. ;-D