Amy from DAMY Health posted a link for some Valentine’s Day desserts. The one that caught my eye was the amaretto fudge truffles. However, I didn’t have any dates. I needed to improvise, so I tweaked the recipe a bit and came up with my own little dessert version of her yummy truffles. For this recipe, I added a scoop of this all natural deliciousness. If you so happen to eat half of this recipe
like me, you will have eaten one full serving of veggies! I love this Vega energizing smoothie powder for that. Oh, but please feel free to use your favorite protein powder and let me know how it goes (and what kind too). This particular batch of six* truffles that I made have about 3g of protein and 75 calories per truffle.You will notice there are two nut butter options; I highly recommend using raw cashew butter for this recipe, because the taste is way creamier and decadent. Since I know cashew butter is more expensive, you can also use raw almond butter. It won’t taste as rich, but it will certainly do. Enjoy!
Amaretto Fudge “Truffles” Ingredients (Inspired by this recipe)’
- 2 1/2 Tbsps of Smooth Almond or Cashew Butter (Raw)
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tbsps of the Homemade “Caramel” Sauce (makes all the difference! Or try coconut oil or just Earth Balance, but that may change the taste, so beware!)
- 1 Scoop of Vega All Natural or Chocolate Smoothie Powder (or try vanilla almond?)
- 1/4 tsp of Almond Extract
- Filling: 2 tsps of almonds, 2 tsps of dark chocolate chips or your choice of crunch (or omit!)
- Coating: Roll truffles in cocoa powder, the Vega energizing smoothie powder (if you don’t mind the green look) or chopped almonds.
Prepare the “caramel” sauce before making this recipe. Then place the nut butter in the microwave for about 20 to 30 seconds to softened. Then mix the first four ingredients very well to form a soft dough, that can be made into a ball either using your hands or melon scooper.
If too thick, add more “caramel” sauce. If too liquid-y, add more Vega energizing smoothie powder. Then add your choice of filling, the ones pictured have chopped almonds. Make into six to eight* truffles and roll in your choice coating.
The truffles above are rolled in cocoa powder and below rolled in the Vega all natural energizing smoothie powder. Maybe even try and dip the truffles dark or white chocolate for a decadent treat!Question: Are you a fan of truffles? My favorite are from Godiva and Lindt. Delish!