Don’t ask me how that craving came about, but I know I wanted them both. I decided to take one of my “truffle” recipes and came up with this yummy thing.This recipe is gluten-free and can be vegan if you use Earth Balance and a vegan protein powder. It literally took me under 10 minutes to make. It’s even faster if you already have caramel sauce in the fridge. You know I have some ready; you just never know.Vanilla & Almond Protein Squares/ “Truffles” Ingredients (Inspired by this recipe)’
- 1 1/2 Tbsps of Almond Butter (I used Justin’s Maple)
- 2 tsps of coconut oil or do an 1 Tbsp of melted dark chocolate (pictured first and it’s really good!).
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp of Pure Maple Syrup (or Agave)
- 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Filling (optional): sliced almonds, dark chocolate chips, etc.
- Coating: Roll truffles into vanilla protein powder or your choice*
Prepare the “caramel” sauce before making this recipe. Place nut butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds if you need to softened. Then mix the first five ingredients to form a soft “cookie” dough, that can be made into a square or ball either using your hands or melon scooper.
If too thick, add more “caramel” sauce. If too liquid-y, add more protein powder. Then add your choice of filling, if you want an extra crunch. These pictured don’t have anything inside, I just ate then with almonds on the side.
Then take the mixture and make into two squares or four truffles and roll in your choice coating* (serves TWO). I used vanilla protein powder, but have fun with it. Make it your own. Maybe even try and dip it into dark or white chocolate for a decadent treat!Question: What’s you favorite Luna, Rise or protein bar?
I’m going to say Luna’s vanilla almond (duh), the Rise almond honey protein bar (duh x’s two) and thinkThin’s dark chocolate. I just can no longer eat that one because of the peanuts. Boo.