I just don’t know. This week? Okay, I am going to get open and personal here. This week hasn’t been the greatest. A ton of things happened between dating, over training and me practically breaking myself at work. I feel like I don’t deserve all this annoyance, but I know it happens to best of us, even the nice ones.
I haven’t really took the time to focus on me. I’ve been busy focusing on training myself for the personal training exam, trying to get back in the dating world (which has been a complete an utter f$#%ing disaster) and falling down the stairs, messing up my elbow and burning myself three times a work. Yeah.
And then there is me being acidic, bloated and looking four months pregnant. It’s been embarrassing but I can pinpoint some culprits, which is good. Between cutting out dairy, attempting vegetarianism again and diving into veganism, I am finding what foods are happy for my tummy and which completely suck.
Here are a list of foods that make my tummy happy and unhappy. Now most of these foods are because I eat them, daily/ weekly. I don’t know about other foods, but here is what I know for me:
Happy Tummy Foods:
- Baked/ Grilled Chicken (despite the fact that I really hate chicken for some reason nowadays)
- Green/ Red Leaf Lettuce (found on accident, there was no spinach available for my sandwich)
- Small Handfuls of Cashews
- Soymilk/ Soy products (sorry iron absorption)
- Dried Cranberries
- Sunflower Seeds
- White Rice/ Potatoes
- Pears, Bananas (In moderation, however), Apples and Blackberries
Unhappy Tummy >.<
- Carbs in EXCESS (especially oats, red potatoes, brown rice/ brown rice products)
- Beans in EXCESS (especially red and black)
- Red Meat (not the sausage!!!)
- Spinach, Broccoli, Kale (accident too, because I ran out for a few days then re-ate it and omg bloat!)
- Grapes, Blueberries Strawberries, Pineapples, and pretty much all other fruits
- Pumpkin Seeds and Flax Seeds/Milk
- Dried Cherries and Blueberries
- Eggs (I don’t know why?!)
- Nut Butters in EXCESS (since the fat content is way higher then if I just eat a few nuts)
- Dark Chocolate in EXCESS (1/2 ounce is okay a day, but more then that I feel bloated and acidic)
- All cheeses and butter products
- All DAIRY (even fat-free, which makes me feel worse guess because there is either more sugar or salt to compensate for fat-free taste)
Then it dawned on me… why did I have my flattest stomach almost two years ago? I wasn’t eating much veggies, dairy or brown rice products and you know what? I have read about this, people who have a hard time digesting these things. The less greens I eat in a day, the better the tummy. I was pretty much eating a lot of bananas, apples, oats, chicken and soymilk.
Since I haven’t been feeling well because I am over-trained and broken, I’ve stuck to fresh fruits, nuts/ seeds, beans, mashed potatoes, organic soymilk and oatmeal and my stomach has been pretty much “unbloated.” That is until I devour chocolate r dried cherries or have a green smoothie because I am too lazy to cook.
I can’t do that anymore. I have to pay attention even if it kills me to not eat a vegetable at lunch or dinner. I try to be a good blogger (and health coach) and eat my veggies, but if it’s doing more harm then good, perhaps I shouldn’t over do it? I should go with what is good for my body, especially since my digestive system is super sensitive as ya’ll already know.
I hope this little list I put together helps some of you guys experiencing the same issues. Right now for lunch I had a little chicken, a little beans and green leaf lettuce and I feel okay. Let’s keep experimenting and I will be sure to keep you posted!
Question: Any foods that your tummy just can’t stand that is not an allergen?