I’ve been having a blast using kettlebells!
I like kettlebells because not only are they good for strength training, it’s also great for cardio. Your heart-rate will go up and you’ll be sweaty, so be sure to fuel properly before and after.If you don’t have a Kettlebell, you can use dumbbells. I use a 10lb Kettlebell (sometimes 15lbs if I have the strength that day). This workout is a total body torch and works a little bit of everything – back, glutes, shoulders, abs, you name it.
If you need form on any of these Kettlebell exercises, check out this website!
Warm-Up: 40 (to 60) Two-handed Kettlebell Swings (I divide into 4 sets of 10 or 15 and rest 30 seconds in between)
Workout: Do 3-4 Sets!
- Squats to Press w/ Kettlebell – 12 Reps
- Single-handed Kettlebell swing – 8 Reps (Right Arm)
- Single-handed Kettlebell swing – 8 Reps (Left Arm)
- Upright Row – 12 Reps
- Kettlebell Lunge to Press – 8 Reps (Right Leg- Press up as you lunge forward)
- Kettlebell Lunge to Press – 8 Reps (Left Leg)
- Deadlift (Sumo Style) – 12 Reps
- Kettlebell Plank With Row – 8 Reps (Right Arm- Start in plank then row)
- Kettlebell Plank With Row – 8 Reps (Left Arm)
Cool-Down: 10 Minutes, your choice. Sometimes I do THIS yoga segment.
And there you have it, your kettlebell torch workout this morning! It usually takes me about 30-40mins to complete (depending on how many sets and YOUR speed).
Remember to consult your doctor before performing this and any exercise routine.
Need your own personalized workouts or meal plans? Check out my online coaching here!
Question: Are you a Kettlebell fan?