Sabrina’s 7 Top Tips and Tricks for a Healthy Lifestyle!
Embarking on a lifestyle change can be daunting. If you ever are looking for meal plans, workout plans or general coaching to get that healthy lifestyle going, please check out the online coaching section of the blog!I am a certified Personal Trainer and Health/ Wellness coach through AAAI/ISMA. For now, you can read up on some of my top tips and tricks that I used during my weight loss journey and even still use today for maintaining my weight and healthy lifestyle.
- Keep a food journal! You can also use one online or simply use a notebook as I do. This helps you stay accountable for what you are eating. Seeing it in writing makes you more aware about what you’re putting in your body.
- Have a workout plan: I like to plan my workout for the week and give myself a couple of rest days to recover or do yoga. Crossing out every time you do a workout helps you stay accountable and consistent.
- Make a grocery list before going food shopping: This is something that helped me tremendously. Making a list helps you avoid buying trigger foods that you may overeat. Know your cravings; if it is not on your list don’t buy it!
- Shop around the perimeter of the supermarket: Here you will find your dairy, meats, fruits and veggies. Only go in between aisles for products such as nuts, olive oil, beans and so on.
- Never ever skip a meal! More often than not you will overeat at the next meal because you are most likely starving. Try to munch on healthy foods such as fruits and nuts throughout the day.
- Carry portable snacks: This goes along with #5; I like to buy a jar of almonds and divide a serving into a few zip-lock bags and throw them in my bag or car. I also like to carry snack bars such as Kind bars. If you’re hungry at work or school, you’ll always have something handy and never have to starve.
7. Hungry? Drink a glass of water: I know it sounds kind of crazy, but if you feel hungry drink a nice tall glass of water and wait 15-20 minutes.
If you’re still hungry after then have a light snack like a handful of nuts, string cheese or yogurt. And of course, remember to drink about 3 liters of water per day. #NoExcuses!