- September 1st, 2016 will mark an 80+ lb weight loss maintained for SEVEN years. Seven years seems like so long ago and honestly surreal. Currently, my weight fluctuates between 162-164. I was overweight ever since I was 5 years old. My highest weight was 240lbs back in 2007 in my sophomore year of college. Enough was enough.
- I started out by cutting out my daily pack of M&M peanuts, which I don’t even like anymore. I really wasn’t focused as much during that time. It wasn’t until I took a leave of absence from college for a year to study closer to home that I decided to give it my all. I knew I had to do something, but where to start?
How I Got Started:
- I started with my main problem: portion control. I realized that I was eating almost 3 servings of cereal for breakfast. So I bought myself some measuring cups and started small with those 100 calorie snack packs. As the months went by, I began pairing the 100 calorie snacks, such as granola bars and crackers, with apples and bananas. A few months later and it went to just bringing a fruit salad for a snack. Babysteps!
The Next Step:
- Now that I was going to school closer to home for my junior year of college I had to deal with something more difficult than losing weight; my dad. Okay, I’m only joking. At that time my dad was very into going to the gym and kept begging me to go with him. I would get so annoyed. One day he asked me and I just said, screw it I will go. I wasn’t going to let him bother me all year, right?
- It was all very strange to me; the guy at the front desk gave me a tour and the only machines I knew were the bike and treadmill. I hopped on the treadmill next to a sweaty older lady who appeared to be going 4.0mph. Since I wanted to go fast like her, I put the machine to 4.0mph and I almost died. I couldn’t belive how out of shape I was.
- Here this older lady is going faster than me. I started out small that day at 2.8mph, and I fell in love with the feeling of working out. There was no stopping me now. In the end I thank my dad for his nagging.
- 95lbs DOWN! I became very interested in nutrition and living healthier. This was going to be my new lifestyle change and today I still continue my quest for knowledge. Read more about my weight loss journey here.
- On August 6th, 2015 I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. During my pregnancy I gained 29lbs and my prebaby weight was 162lbs. Safe to say I was back at that weight five months post-partum. Now my focus is to stay on track with eating and exercising to maintain my weight!
Weight Loss Coaching and Training:
- I became a certified personal trainer and health/ wellness coach through the American Aerobics Association International/ International Sports Medicine Association (AAAI/ISMA). I currently offer online coaching. Check it out by clicking here!
- If you have any questions or want to know more about my weight loss or weight loss plan that I followed, please feel free to email me at NutritiouslySweet@gmail.com.
Anything is possible ❤